Monday, June 5, 2017


Polka Dot Hellos...
  Hello and welcome!  Today's card features this fun word die set from Waffle Flower (Hey Hi Hello die set) and watercoloring using both Distress Inks (worn lipstick, picked raspberry, squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber, cracked pistachio, and broken china) and Distress Oxide Inks (worn lipstick, fossilized amber, cracked pistachio, and walnut stain).  To start, I die cut a stitched rectangle panel using Distress watercolor paper. I then "smooshed" Distress Oxide Inks onto panel using a scrap piece of acetate.  I dried panel in between colors, then lastly flicked Walnut Stain using a #4 watercolor brush.  Next, I die cut word dies also using Distress watercolor paper then using a flat brush, watercolored the sentiments, trying for an "ombre" effect.  To finish, I assembled and adhered elements to card base using foam tabs for the sentiments.  Thanks so much for stopping by... take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment