Wednesday, June 21, 2017


Octopi have my Heart...
   Hello and welcome friends!  Today's card features this cutie set from Lawn Fawn (Octopi My Heart) and watercoloring using Distress Inks (tumbled glass, broken china, spun sugar, and worn lipstick).  To start, I die cut a stitched rectangle panel using Distress watercolor paper, then stamped, and white heat embossed "bubbles".  I then began watercoloring background using a light wash of color/water, then going back over building color intensity (drying in between layers).  Next, I stamped, Copic colored, and die cut images using matching dies.  To add a little interest, I added a coat if Wink of Stella clear and glossy accents to "hair bow" and "bow tie".  To finish, I stamped sentiment, heat embossed, and adhered images to background panel using fun foam.  Thanks so much for stopping by... take care!  Please note: this card has been submitted to the current Lawn Fawnatics blog challenge (#7).

3 comments:

  1. This card is so sweet and so beautiful! Your watercolor wash makes a perfect backdrop for the cute couple! I'm so glad you shared with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I were on the same page when it came to using this sweet little set for this challenge. Your card is so super cute and I love all the bubbles in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, so cute & love the colours.

    ReplyDelete