Thursday, September 29, 2016


Friendship Perks...
  Hello and welcome!  Today's card features a fun set from SimonSaysStamp (what's brewing) and watercoloring using Distress inks (gathered twigs, vintage photo, ground espresso).  To start I die cut the cup twice using Distress water color paper and and MFT's Cherry Crisp cardstock (heart), ink blended Distress inks.  I then die cut a stitched rectangle panel also using Distress water color paper. I applied a wash of water to panel then flicked Distress inks.  I allowed the panel to air dry almost completely allowing the ink to move across and mix, then give a blast of heat at the end to help set the colors.  Once dry, I flicked another layer of color but this time used a damp brush allowing the color to be more opaque.  Next, I die cut circle, stamped images, then ink blended.  Next, I stamped sentiment using matching ink to red card stock and trimmed into banner, then ink blended both banners.  To finish, I attached sentiment to panel; adhered circle; adhered to card base; adhered cup using fun foam; and finally added glossy accents to "coffee".  Thanks so much for stopping by...take care!  Please note: this card has been submitted to the the "Fall 2016 Coffeeloving Card Markers Blog Hop".

13 comments:

  1. Pretty coloring. I do love that sentiment. It is one I have not seen before..TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks like it smells yummy! Lovely shading on the cup. Awesome BG, gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie, your card is so adorable! I love the background on the cup, it almost looks like a chocolate chip cookie! I'm a new follower of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your custom paper is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun! Love your stamping!

    ReplyDelete