Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Spellbinders Snowman Hugs


 Spellbinders Snowman Hugs…

   Hello Friends and welcome!  I have an adorable project to share with you today featuring the new Spellbinders “Snowman Hugs and Snowman Hugs Faces and Sentiments”.  This adorable new set has several cute snowman that can be used to create a beautiful winter scene and/or a fun and festive Holiday card.  For today’s card, I chose to create a peaceful winter scene.  

To start, I trimmed a piece of white card stock then chose several Distress Inks to ink blend a background.  I wanted to create a warm winter scene to showcase this adorable snowman.  I chose to ink blend Chipped Sapphire, Victorian Velvet, and Tattered Rose Distress Inks.  I ink blended the panel using blending brushes beginning at the top then bringing the color down the panel. I went over the colors several times to try and achieve a smooth blend of color.  Once the panel was blended, I wanted to add a bit more interest and wanted to create a “snowy scene” so I grabbed my white gouache and a liquid iridescent to ink splatter the background.  Next, I began to build my snow image.  I first, die cut the snowman using a white cardstock then die cut the scarf using a peachy cardstock color.  I thought the scarf looked a little two dimensional on the snowman so I added a little shadow to the scarf using a light orange Copic and a white gel pen to the scarf’s fringe.  I then created a snow drift or border for the snowman.  For this, I just trimmed a piece of white cardstock then traced the trimmed piece border onto a piece of silver glitter cardstock and cut.  Before adhering elements to the background panel, I stamped and heat embossed sentiment using Ranger liquid platinum embossing powder.  I adhered snow bank border and snowman to the ink blended background panel using a liquid glue.  I next, adhered panel using a trimmed piece of fun foam to a folded blue cardstock A2 card base.  I finished by adding a few clear sequins.

Thanks so much to Spellbinders for creating such a fun Snowman!  This set includes several fun Snowmen and adorable accessories to create a fun Wintery and/or Holiday scenes.  This snowman looks so happy and wants to send everyone a warm hug!  If interested in this new set or any other new products from Spellbinders just click this link. https://spellbinderspaperarts.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by…take care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment