Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Spellbinders Gnome Drive Holiday


 Spellbinders Gnome Drive…

   Hello Friends and welcome!  I have a fun project to share with you today featuring the new “Gnome Drive Holiday” from Spellbinders.  The new Gnome Drive collection includes several fun Holiday sets and Special occasion sets that create a fun scene featuring this adorable Gnome!  For today’s project, I chose the Holiday Gnome Drive to create a fun and festive Christmas card.

  To start, I grabbed a piece of white cardstock then ink blended the panel using Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink.  To add a little bit of more interest to the background panel, I ink splattered using a white gouache and  a liquid iridescent.  Next, I grabbed several colors of cardstock to die cut the pieces of the Gnome Drive Holiday set.  I chose a festive color palette knowing that some of the pieces of the color were going to be yellow such as the headlights and the tree would be a traditional green Christmas tree.  By only using a few colors of cardstock, I tried to keep the scene more cohesive.  Once all the pieces of the Gnome Drive Holiday set were die cut, I assembled the pieces and adhered them together using a liquid glue.  Before adhering the car to the panel, I stamped the sentiment from the “Gnome Drive Sentiments” using a black pigment ink. I then adhered the car using thin foam squares and finally adhered panel using a liquid glue to a folded red A2 card base.  

A huge thanks to Spellbinders for creating such a fun die cut set, these Gnomes are so much fun to create with!  I hope this card inspires you to create fun and festive Holiday cards!  If interested in this new product line or other fun new products from Spellbinders, click this link below. https://spellbinderspaperarts.com/

Supplies featured:

Spellbinders: Gnome Holiday Drive and Gnome Drive Sentiments

Distress Ink: Blueprint Sketch 

Colored cardstock 

Versafine Onyx black pigment ink

Liquid glue 

Thanks so much for stopping by…take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment