Saturday, August 12, 2023

Spellbinders House Mouse


 

Spellbinders House Mouse…

   Hello Friends and Welcome!  I have a special 2 project post to share with you today featuring 2 new sets from Spellbinders.  These adorable mice from the “House Mouse” collection are a perfect way to send a Happy Holiday message to any recipient!

This first card (pictured above) showcases the adorable “Mistletoe Kisses” stamp set.  I began by stamping image onto a trimmed piece of Copic friendly white cardstock panel.  I chose to stamp the image using Memento Rich Cocoa ink which is Copic friendly ink.  I thought the warm brown ink would help show the lovely details of the stamp plus help with coloring of the image.  I planned on coloring the mice using brown shades of Copics so using the brown ink would help with not having to over saturate the paper with the alcohol ink from the Copic markers.  After the image was colored, I added a little bit of sparkle to the Mistletoe berries and the red in the candy canes using Wink of Stella in clear.  Next, I trimmed a piece of gold mirror cardstock as well as a red piece of cardstock to layer underneath the colored image.  I then adhered the layers together onto a folded A2 sized red cardstock card base.  To finish with the sentiment, I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap piece of matching red cardstock, gold heat embossed, then fussy cut the sentiment out and adhering to panel using thin foam squares.


The second card features the super cute set “Noel” from the House Mouse collection.  This card is a one layered A2 sized card with the exception that I adhered the panel using a piece of thin fun foam to the kraft cardstock card base.  To begin, I stamped the image onto a trimmed piece of Bristol smooth cardstock the watercolor end the image using Zig Clean Color markers.  Again, I chose a brown ink to show the beautiful details of the image but used Versafine Vintage Sepia to heat embossed.  Once image was stamped and heat embossed using a clear embossing powder, I applied the color directly to the image then used a damp brush to pull the color out from the edges towards the middle of the images.  Once image was colored, I stamped the image again onto masking paper then fussy cut image out.  With the mask covering the image, I ink blended the border of the panel using Distress Ink in blueprint sketch and tumbled glass.  To add a little bit of more interest and with the mask still in place, I ink splattered the panel using white gouache and a liquid iridescent medium.  To finish, I pulled the mask off, then added a dab of glossy accents to the red berries.

Thanks so much to Spellbinders for creating such adorable mice!  These images are so wonderfully detailed and are so fun to work with whatever color medium you choose.  I hope these cards inspires you to create some cute and colorful Holiday cards!  If interested in these new sets or other fun new products from Spellbinders, click this link. https://spellbinderspaperarts.com/

Supplies featured:

Spellbinders: House Mouse sets: Mistletoe Kisses and Noel

Cardstock: white, red, gold mirror, kraft, and Smooth Bristol

Copic Sketch markers 

Zig Clean Color markers 

Inks:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Versafine Vintage Sepia, Distress Inks: blueprint sketch and tumbled glass, Versamark 

Gold embossing powder

Thanks so much for stopping by…take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment