Thursday, September 5, 2019


Many Grateful Blessings...
   Hello friends and welcome!  Today’s card features this pretty fall stamp set from SimonSaysStamp (Apple of my Pie) and stamping/watercoloring using Distress Inks (mustard seed, crushed olive, pine needles, and spiced marmalade).  To start, I die cut a rectangle panel from Canson Montval watercolor paper.  I then randomly stamped several solid leaf images included in the set using above mentioned inks.  I then went over each image using a damp watercolor brush, pulling the color out and slightly mixing the colors.  Next, I die cut a rectangle panel from Vellum using Ranger/Tim Holtz stacked deckle die cuts.  Then, I stamped sentiment and heat embossed using SimonSaysStamp antique gold embossing powder.  To fill in the spaces from each leaf, I stamped a little image also included in the set, randomly in between the leafs and heat embossed using above mentioned embossing powder.  To finish, I assembled elements, and adhered to card base.  Thanks so much for stopping by... take care!  Please note: this card has been submitted to the current SimonSaysStamp Flickr Challenge #131

Also: this card was inspired by a recent card made by Kristina Werner (kwernerdesigns).  She made a card using the above mentioned technique.  I loved the idea of stamping solid images using Distress Inks, then going over using a damp brush.  Thanks to Kristina for the inspiration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment