Saturday, December 19, 2020

Plaid Carnations


Plaid Carnations...
   Hello and welcome!  Today’s card features this lovely floral set from Altenew (Paint-a-Flower: Carnation) and watercoloring using Altenew 36 half pan set.  To start, I ink blended a piece of Altenew watercolor paper using Pink’n Main plaid stencil and Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  I then stamped floral image over ink blended BG then heat embossed using Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder.  Since I was planning on watercoloring this image, I knew that Ink Blending the BG would not interfere with the watercoloring since Distress Ink is water reactive.  I began watercoloring the image by first adding a light wash of color then going back over intensifying color and shadows.  To finish, I trimmed panel, stamped sentiment and fussy cut, they adhered panel onto trimmed piece of Vellum and pink cardstock before adhering to the card base.  Thanks so much for stopping by...take care!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment