Monday, October 23, 2017


Hello my Friends...
  Hi and welcome!  Today’s card features this super fun background stamp from My Favorite Things (coloring book BG) and watercoloring using Daniel Smith extrafine watercolors.  To start, I die cut a wonky stitched rectangle panel (MFT’s) out of a trimmed piece of Canson Montival watercolor paper before stamping BG stamp, then white heat embossing using Hero Arts White embossing powder.  I then taped down panel to a hard board, then began watercoloring by first adding a wash of water then picking up colors from pallet and dropping color in.  I had tilted the panel as to allow the colors to mix.  I heat set each layer first before going back over to intensify the colors.  Once panel was dry, I die cut “hello” (MFT’s Big Hello Die), adhered a piece of acetate to die cut window, and then added sequins/seed beads to area (PrettyPinkPosh).  To finish, I assembled elements, adhered fun foam to back of panel to give room for shaker bits to move, adhered panel to card base (MFT’s summer splash cardstock), stamped “Friend” (MFT’s label stamp set), white heat embossed, and adhered to panel using fun foam.  Thanks so much for stopping by... take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment