Sunday, September 13, 2015


Nuts about You...
     Hello, hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!  Today's card features another adorable stamp set "("cute critters") from MFT's among other goodies including their "woodgrain" background stamp.  To begin, I applied various distress inks (peeled paint, mustard seed, rusty hinge) to background stamp then spritzed a healthy coating of Perfect Pearls (really hard to photograph but beautiful in real life), then stamped onto a piece of Tim Holtz distress water color paper.  I set that aside to dry then stamped image and Copic colored.  Highlighted the squirrels tail with a white gel pen and added a coat glossy accents to flower.  To ground the squirrel, I wanted him to sit on a log of some sort but didn't want to add to much, I wanted the background to stand out as much as possible so I drew a log for him to sit on, then Copic colored that as well.  I then die cut stitched rounded rectangle (MFT's die-namics), stamped sentiment.  I chose to heat emboss "nuts" to help add a little more interest as well as adding glitter to the die cut heart.  To finish the card, I adhered everything to card base using liquid adhesive except the squirrel which I chose to use foam tape for a little dimension.  Thanks so much for stopping by...take care!
*side note: this card has been submitted to MFT's "you could be a card design Superstar" blog challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that watercoloured woodgrain background looks sooooo good Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! The woodgrain looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete