Saturday, July 24, 2021

Lotus Watercolor


Lotus Watercolor...
   Hello and welcome!  Today’s card features Altenew Paint-a-Flower subscription: Lotus and watercoloring using Derwent Ink Intense pencils.  Altenew’s Paint-a-Flower sets are a perfect way to practice your coloring skills.  Coloring is one of most favored technique when cardmaking and I chose Derwent’s Ink Intense pencils for this project.  I began by stamping image using Versafine Onyx black pigment onto a piece of Strathmore ready cut watercolor paper then heat embossed using Hero Arts clear embossing powder.  The embossed lines act like pools, trapping the color inside the lines.  Next, I began watercoloring by first added a light wash of color and water then going back over intensifying colors and shadows.  Once panel was complete, I set it aside to dry and began working on the sentiment.  I chose a few sentiments that came with this set.  I chose to stamp sentiments using Versafine Onyx black pigment ink and again heat embossed using clear embossing powder but chose to stamp sentiments onto a piece of Neenah desert storm cardstock.  To finish this card, I assembled elements and adhered to card base before added a few PrettyPinkPosh clear drops.  Thanks so much for stopping by...take care!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment