Friday, September 14, 2018


Totally Resistable...
  Hello friends and welcome!  Today’s post is a very special post and I’m so excited to share with you all...I was recently asked to Guest Design for SimonSaysStamp Flickr Challenge #106 “Totally Resistable”.  For this Challenge, I chose both a watercolor resist technique and ink blending Resist technique.  The card above showcases the watercolor resist technique.  To start, I stamped SimonSaysStamp Center Cut Flowers onto a piece of Distress watercolor paper, stamped the image, then white heat embossed.  Next, I chose “worn lipstick, squeezed lemonade, and twisted citron” Distress Inks and began watercoloring over the stamped image.  The embossed image “resisted” the Distress Inks.  Once dry, I die cut panel using stitched rectangle die cut, then die cut SimonSaysStamp “Whoa! You’re Amazing!!” word die from a piece of Neenah solar white cardstock.  To finish, I assembled elements and adhered to card base.


For card 2, I used a heat embossed resist technique but this time ink blended over a clear embossed SimonSaysStamp Grid Background stamp using various Distress Inks (candied apple, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio, mermaid lagoon, and blueprint sketch).  To start, I stamped SSS Grid BG stamp onto a piece of Neenah solar white cardstock then heat embossed using Clear embossing powder.  Next, I ink blended panel using above mentioned inks.  Next, I die cut SimonSaysStamp “Kindness Matters” die cut using a piece of gold mirror card stock.  Next, I
adhered panel to SSS black card base, adhered gold twine and sentiment, then added SSS “sparkle and shine” sequins.


Thanks so much for stopping by...if interested in joining this Challenge or to view other inspiring works, please check out this link
https://www.flickr.com/groups/simonsaysstamp/discuss/72157698114755502/

Take Care!


No comments:

Post a Comment